Jun 8, 2010

Regading smart phones and intimacy...

I'm not here to lobby against smart phones by any means. I use mine all day every day and am quite convinced that my life would end if I ever lost it.

However, I feel like I am seeing more and more that it is hindering true human interaction. I am a fan of meeting people on twitter that I may never meet in person. I can share ideas with like minded people and argue points with those that are not. I can also keep up casually with people I may not have had the time to keep up with in the past.

What concerns me is the inability for people to let it go. One should not be engaged in social media while:
1. Driving
2. Engaging in conversation
3. Enjoying "quality time"
4. While "moments" are happening

I mean, really. How many people will not remember significant moments in their lives because they were too busy tweeting about it. I guess it started with the video camera about 25 years ago. Wanting to SHARE the moment so badly that we forget to LIVE the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment